Thursday, February 26, 2015


 
 
February 26, 2015


Dear Parents, 


It is with disappointment that I write you to inform you that due to a doctor's request for the health of my pregnancy I am unable to continue teaching as long as I had hoped.  My last teaching day will be Friday this week.  Rest will serve me and the baby well, but this will be a very difficult transition for me as I have loved every minute teaching such a wonderful, thoughtful, and caring group of students.  They amaze me with their talents every single day.


This group of children has been a remarkable group to teach.  I will miss their smiles and eagerness to learn!  I will miss each and every one of my students while I am away on maternity leave, but I trust that they will continue to thrive and meet their fullest potential.  I am also confident that the students will make a smooth adjustment with transition to a new teacher because they are wonderful and adaptable kids.


I will still be completing your child’s report card that will go home on March 13th.  During my maternity leave, I will continue to connect with the class to keep updated on how they are doing.   I will try to pop in from time to time to visit during special events and to introduce them to the new baby when he arrives.  Your child is welcome to email me (corrina.barker@lethsd.ab.ca) if they would like to keep in touch.


It has been a great pleasure getting to know your child these past months and I look forward to hearing of their successes throughout the remainder of the school year!  Parents, thank you for your support throughout this school year as well.  It is greatly appreciated.  As well, thank you for helping support your child in this time of transition. 


Sincerely, 


Mrs. Barker

          J

 

No comments:

Post a Comment